Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm Back, Sort of...

Hello everyone!

So, it's been a little while since I've posted, and it's been longer than I've anticipated. I'm currently away from school doing training so my paints and figures will have to be put on hold until the start of next semester in mid August.

On the other hand, since I've got internet access, I have been doing a little shopping in preparation. I've ordered more miniFigs British from eBay to fill out the ranks and I'm watching some more in another auction. I've also bid on something else: some 1/72 plastic soldiers.

While I love the look and heft of lead soldiers, I thought I'd do a little experiment. I've played with 1/72 scale figures when I was a child, and I don't remember them to be much bigger than the AB figures that I love so much, so I will try a few stands using them (if you've had success or failure with this, be sure to leave a comment!). If they are too big, then it shouldn't be much of a problem as they are cheap, and if it turns out to work then I have yet another source of figures to bolster the numbers of figures that I need. Either way, it will be an interesting venture for next semester.

As far as what I've completed in my absence, well, it's not all that much, I'm afraid. I only finished one figure, the ADC for my French command stand (and he looks smashing with his leopard skin saddle blanket, by the way), so I will have to finish the other two figures before I will have a picture of him up.

Well, that's everything for now. Hopefully I will have more soon.

All the best!

--Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment