Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy New Year, and Some Spaniards!

Hello everyone!

It's good to be back on the blog. January flew by and all of a sudden it was February, and not a single figure painted! I'm back in school, begining my graduate studies this semester, and have only recently gotten settled enough to start painting again. But enough about me; on to the figures!

Today I finished up the command stand for the Spanish King's Regiment: (Remember to click on the pictures for bigger versions.)






Like the granaderos I painted back in December, the battalion command wear the white uniforms with purple cuffs. collars and facings. Each officer and soldier is wearing a bicorne hat with red and yellow Spanish national cockade. The flags are hand painted by myself, and the designs are taken from some pictures that I found on the internet. I must say, it was difficult to find the banners for Spanish regiments from the Napoleonic wars, so I chose to copy the ones I found. Featured are the Regiment's coronel, two junior officer flag-bearers, a pair of drummers, and a private soldier.

All of these minis came from the big American Revolution miniatures lot I won awhile back, so I'm unsure of the manufacturer. Two of the minis, upon closer imspection while I was painting, seem to be Seven Years' War figures, but they painted up fine as Napoleonic Spaniards. Overall, I think they work nicely.

Coming up: on the painting bench right now I have some Portuguese figres, some Spanish artillery and more 3e Hussars. I'm also very close to finishing a Spanish village base for gaming. We'll see what strike my fancy.

Questions, comments and criticisms are always welcomed and appreciated! Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment