Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Some Conversions

Hello everyone!

A quick post today. After reviewing the Spanish Guerillas for my last post, last night I started clipping the required number of round-hatted guerillas for a battalion and decided to convert some command figures for them. Here's how they turned out. (Remember to click on the pictures for bigger versions.)

Front view.

Rear view.
The officer (on the far left) is a conversion from the same standing Italeri French Marshall figure from the French Imperial General Staff set that I used as a Spanish Staff Officer in my General de brigada (I've been doing my best to get a lot of mileage from this set). Like the staff officer, I've removed the figure's medal and shoulder cords. In addition, I removed the hilt of his scabbarded sword and replaced his right hand with one holding a sword from the officer figure from the Waterloo 1815 Polish Infantry set.

The two standard bearers are from the same Polish Infantry set by Waterloo 1815. The flagpoles have been stripped of their flags and eagles and they have been given a simple head-swap from two different Hat Spanish Guerillas in round hats.

Finally, the drummer on the far right is a Strelets-R Pole, from their Polish Infantry and French Engineers set, again with a simple head-swap with a Hat Spanish Guerilla.

That's all for today; I was really pleased with how they turned out and wanted to share. Thanks for looking!



  1. They're very effective conversions. Well done!

  2. pretty nice blog, following :)