Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Few More Spiffy, White-Uniformed Frenchmen

Hello everyone!
 
Another quick update for y'all. I painted up the command stand for the Chef de battalion of the 19e last night and finished up the base today (Remember to click on the pictures for bigger versions).
 




Again, for the first, kneeling rank I used the RISK board game pieces that I reviewed in my last post, and for the rear rank I used 15mm French command figures from Essex. The 1804 pattern flag is home-made, using a bit of printer paper folded over the flag staff, hardened and fixed in place with super glue, and then painted free-hand. I'm really starting to like the look of painted flags.

Like the stand of 19e voltiguers, these chaps are painted in the 1806 pattern white uniforms. I wasn't able to find any information on how the drummers were to be costumed under these regulations, so I chose reveresed colors of a red jacket with white facings based on the fact that foreign regiments in French service utilized similar reversed color schemes for their drummers and that historically military musicians wore reversed colors in all armies at the time. Historical or not, I like the reversed colors on this drummer and I won't be changing it.

Coming up: Probably more 3e Hussars, I'm priming up a bunch of them as I write.

Questions, comments and criticisms are always welcomed and appreciated! Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment