Monday, December 8, 2014

La Batterie d'Artillerie a Pied est Complete

Hello everyone!

The French Artillerie a Pied battery is now complete!

(Remember to click on the pictures for bigger versions.)

The two guns I finished up tonight, a pair of 8 pounders. The guns are AB, while the crews are all Heritage.

The battery deployed,

The entire battery, with limber.
Uniforms and guns are painted as I've described in the past couple of posts. The battery conforms to my own peculiar basing system: the number of guns in my units represent half of those that made up the actual battery in real life. In this case, there are four guns in my French battery because an actual Napoleonic French battery had eight guns. Also, each battery has a sepatately based battery commander and a limber that represents the battery on the move. Even though I plan on using Black Powder as my rules set, it calls for a single gun and limber to represent a full battery, which I find to be inadequate both visually and in terms of more accurately representing the width of a deployed battery in real life as well as its' firepower: thus my system.

Coming soon: the 3e Hussars! Finally! I'm sick of looking at them, and dang it I'm going to finish them this week. In fact here they are, along with a stand of Portuguese infantrymen that have been cluttering my workbench for a year now:


After them I have the rest of the British 1/88th Regiment of Foot on painting stands, eady to be primed.

(Questions, comments and criticisms are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment