Thursday, August 20, 2015

My Knuckleduster Miniatures Order

Hello everyone!

A quick post today, as I'm rather tired. So, getting right to it, my Knuckleduster Miniatures order arrived today, and I took the afternoon to clean them up.

The packs as they arrived. Top: three packs of British infantry in winter gear; bottom: pair of harnessed horses (for the American artillery limber), frontier militia NCOs pack, frontier militia officers pack.

And here they are all cleaned up. The British figs (including two Foundry British sergeants in greatcoats from the command pack) will flesh out the 1/4th Regiment of Foot, while the frontier militia officers and NCOs will flesh out Mitchusson's Kentucky Militia Regiment.

I really like these figures: nice, big chunky figures, yet with lots of details. They are a bit rougher and heftier than my Foundry figures, but they have their own particular charm; I think they'll be a joy to paint. These were also considerably cheaper than if I had purchased the Foundry figures at their regular prices, and since I think Foundry no longer produces their War of 1812 range, they have a much larger selection of appropriate figures.

I have ten figures on painting stands, primed and ready to go: two stands of the 1/4th Foot (these will be the Grenadier and Light companies) and the command stand for Lieutenant Colonel William Mitchusson's Kentucky Militia Regiment, which fought at New Orleans. I'm hoping to knock at least these guys out over the weekend.

Coming soon: British infantry and Kentuckians. I'm also still waiting for my other orders to arrive, so I'll post them when I get them.

Questions, comments and criticisms are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment